Hard drives are the huge storage devices that keep your complete data safely. Sometimes it happens that hard drives become corrupt due to some of the reasons. Can’t access your data or lost all your data because of hard drive corruption? Don’t panic, I will tell you a solution to recover corrupted data from hard drive very easily. You just need a reliable hard drive data recovery software through which you can recover corrupted data from the hard drive.
Data loss is a big thing for the people who live in a digital lifestyle. Because, if the data gets corrupted or deleted from the hard drive. Then, it will create a huge problem for users because to recover corrupted files from hard drive is not an easy task. Hard Drive Corruption is one of the main reasons for data loss. Hard drive gets corrupted due to file system errors. These errors occur because of the sudden shutdown, hardware issues, physical damage, software issues and many more. So, I will tell you that how you can recover corrupted files from hard drive.
Symptoms Of Corrupted Hard Drive
- Drive reading invalid media type.
- File systems are displayed as “RAW”.
- “Disk not formatted. Do you want to format now?” Pop-up warning message
- Weird characters appear in file names.
- Hard drive storage memory is shown as “0 bytes”.
There are manual methods as well as professional software to recover corrupted files from hard drive. There are 2 manual methods for data recovery:-
- Recover corrupted data using CMD
- Recover corrupted data using anti-virus scan
The professional software for data recovery:-
- Hard Drive Data Recovery Software
Manual Methods To Recover Corrupted Files From Hard Drive
1. Data Recovery Using CMD:-
You can recover corrupted files from hard drive using CMD command.
- Connect your drive to the system.
- To start the process go to the start menu.
- Click in the search box and type “CMD” and press the “enter” button.
- After this step, a list will be opened. And you have to search for cmd.exe.
- When you find cmd.exe, do a right-click on cmd.exe and after that, you need to type attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.*(Replace G with your drive letter).
Follow these steps to recover data from virus infected hard disk.
2. Data Recovery Using Anti-virus Scan:-
You can also use anti-virus software to recover data from the hard drives.
- Download and install any anti-virus software to recover data from hard drive.
- The next step is to scan, which means you need to scan all your data.
- Now, the last step is to check, you need to check whether you can access your data or not.
Cons Of Manual Methods
There are many drawbacks of manual methods, some of them are given below:-
- Outcomes of the manual methods are not accurate.
- Users can lose their data permanently while recovering their data.
- Shows different errors in between the procedure.
- The manual method doesn’t show the correct results.
- Don’t provide surety to recover data safely.
I will suggest you to user Hard Drive Recovery Software to overcome these drawbacks. This software is a reliable software as it recovers complete data safely.
Professional Software To Recover Lost Data
Step 1 – Download
The first step is to download the software and then install the software. Then go to the start menu and select “all programs” and after that select “SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery”.
Step 2 – Scan Options
After performing the above step, now you need to select a scanning option from the given options.
- Scan:- You should select this option when you need to recover deleted or corrupted data.
- Formatted Scan:- You need to select this option when you need to recover formatted data.
After selecting the scanning process, you need to click on the “scan” button.
Step 3 – Report
When you will click on the “scan” option, the software will show you the scanning report in the reading percentage form. All the files and folders will be shown in the left panel of the software. You have to wait till the time it gets 100%.
Step 4 – Recovered Data
After everything is done, you need to select the data which you want to recover. Do a right-click on the selected files and click on the “save” button. And choose a destination to keep all your data.
Advantages Of Professional Software
- This software recovers and saves permanently deleted data also.
- Recovers deleted data, corrupted data, permanently deleted data, and formatted data.
- It supports different file formats like FAT, exFAT, and NTFS.
- This tool recovers data from internal and external hard drives.
- This software recovers a complete partition of any size.
- You can recover photos, documents, audios, videos, etc. by using this software.
- It can also recover data from GPT and MBR partition.
- This software shows permanently deleted data in red color so that it will be easy for the user to differentiate between deleted and permanently deleted.
In this post, I have discussed how the user can recover data from the corrupted hard drive. There are multiple symptoms of hard drive corruption which I have mentioned above. Also, I have described two methods to recover data from a corrupted hard drive. One is the manual method and the other is an automated software. Manual methods have some drawbacks, to overcome those drawbacks users can use automated software to recover data safely.