Netgear EX615o (AC1200) WiFi range extender extends your existing internet range to every nook and cranny of your home with a powerful and secure wireless network. This range expander comes with MU-MIMO technology for a safe and sound streaming to multiple devices simultaneously.
In addition, Netgear EX6150 boosts your existing WiFi network range and delivers the uninterrupted internet range up to 1200Mbps (Megabits per second). It works easily with any standard WiFi router and is ideal for HD video streaming and online gaming. Moreover, this smart WiFi range expander comes equipped with external antennas that offer a better WiFi range and coverage to its users.
After knowing the benefits of Netgear EX6150 (AC1200) WiFi range extender, you might be in a hurry to purchase it. But hold on! Do you know how to set it up? Well, don’t panic. We are always there to help you.
Before the Netgear new extender setup, let us make you familiar with its buttons, LEDs, as well as ports. Keep scrolling down.
Netgear EX6150 (AC1200) range extender has four LED lights.
- Client link LED.
- Router link LED.
- WPS LED.
- Power LED.
Client link and router link LEDs
This color light indicates the status of connection between your existing WiFi router and your Netgear range extender.
- Off: No connection
- Solid red: Poor connection
- Solid amber: Good connection
- Solid green: Best connection
- Off: WiFi security is disabled
- Blinking green: WiFi-protected setup (WPS) connection is in progress.
- Solid green: WPA or WPA2 security is turned on
- Off: Your Netgear extender is turned off.
- Solid green: Your extender is on.
- Solid amber: Your EX6150 is booting
That’s it. This was the short description of LED lights on your Netgear EX6150 range extender. Now, let’s take a quick glance at the Netgear extender setup process.
Given that Netgear ex6150 WiFi provides support the latest WiFi standard, i.e. 802.11ac. So, now you know which wired or wireless devices should be connected to your home or office WiFi network.
One can use the Netgear extender in two modes:
- Access point mode.
- Extender mode.
Both of them are described in brief.
Us the Netgear EX6150 extender in access point mode
- Make sure that the switch of your Netgear WiFi range extender is set to access point.
- Plug your EX6150 extender into a working power outlet. Ensure that it is within the range of your existing router.
- Turn your range extender on by pushing the power button on it.
- Connect your router and your Netgear EX6150 extender with each other through an Ethernet cable.
- Now, launch an internet browser and type mywifiext.net into the browser’s address bar.
- Hit the access point button.
- Create a new account by filling the information into the required fields. Once done, hit on Next.
- Set up an SSID and a strong password for your Netgear extender and hit on the Next button.
- Connect your devices with your Netgear extender and hit on Continue.
- At last, register your Netgear device by completing all the registration fields and click on Finish to complete your new extender setup process.
Now, unplug your range extender – place it to a new location – plug it into an electrical outlet and enjoy 20x faster speed of the internet.
Now, we will guide you on how to use Netgear ex6150 extender in extender mode.
As soon as your Netgear extender is configured in extender mode, it will rebroadcast WiFi signals coming out from your existing access point (AP) or wireless router.
Use the Netgear ex6150 in extender mode:
- In the first place, please check that the main switch of your Netgear WiFi extender is set to extender.
- Turn on your range extender by plugging it into an active power outlet. Make sure to place it near to your existing and up-to-date WiFi router. Connect them both via Ethernet cable or wire.
- Load up a web browser on a Windows computer and enter www.mywifiext.net. If you are using an Apple device to configure your Netgear WiFi extender then use mywifiext local.
- Click on the WiFi range extender button.
- Now, select a wireless network whose range you wanna extend and click on Next.
- Enter your existing wireless password on the Netgear Genie setup screen and click on Next.
- Once done, please connect your devices (wired or wireless) to your Netgear extender and click on continue.
- Congratulations! Your Netgear EX6150 (AC1200) WiFi range extender is successfully configured using the extender mode. You can now click Next to proceed with the registration process.
- Once the registration process is completed successfully, click on Finish and end the Netgear WiFi extender setup
The last words
Our easy guide on how to set up Netgear EX6150 (AC1200) WiFi range extender ends here. In case, you face any type of issue while setting up your device, make yourself comfortable to reach us anytime via the comments section below.