What differences can apps make to your business?

0
108

The whole world lives in your smartphone! People now see smartphone as one of the most important devices. They use apps not only to go online but to play games, watch videos, shop and to do a lot of other things.

There is a notable explosion of smartphone use these days but does that mean all apps work in the same way and contribute to the growth of a business? Are those businesses, which do not have apps, missing the right track to growth?

Let me mention an example of mobile application development by which Reform Studios, a boutique fitness studio at two locations in Belfast, Ireland quickly received recognition.  Yvette Rumney and Neal McGaffin founded the business in August last year and then they quickly launched an app which proved to be advantageous for them. Customers can book, cancel and reschedule classes at any time with using this app.

For Reform Studios the app helped them a lot in collecting data of the most popular classes and of those which need more marketing. They are able to compile waiting lists for fully booked classes. 90% of booking to their classes are coming from the app and remaining 10% percent is either made through their website or over phone.

Second success story comes from London where a babysitting and childcare agency, Like Minders, launched its app in 2014. It is claimed as the first babysitting app in the UK in which parents can book childcare slots. The company is getting 70% of bookings through its app. They are seeing a 30% of increase in the bookings since the launch of the app.

But these two success stories do not mean that all SMEs going mobile will receive positive response. An example was recently noticed when Homyze, the company providing tradespersons to fix various home issues, launched an app in February. The app allows customers to choose tradespersons to make a booking, track him and send the messages. Homyze launched the app with thought that it will let them get an edge over their competitors but soon, they noticed that customers were still interacting with preferred tradespersons via their website.

The app added extra cost to their business as it was developed by Homyze’s in-house mobile application development team that also updates features and deals with any issues or bugs rise in the app.

This is one example where app fails to provide what is actually expected by business owners. There are many such examples where apps are found to be under performing and not meeting the expectations of both business and its customers.

What you need to do is find a right mobile application development partner and analyze your idea before launching the project. Also, ask customers whether they will be interested in accessing your services / products via app or not. Once you have the best perception of your standing, only then you should decide to launch your mobile application development project.