In today’s modern world, everyone requires an extended range of wireless network all over the house, or any sprawling piece of property. This will also allow you to maintain a safe, secure, reliable and strong wireless signal over a superior area. So, if you are a Netgear user, apply some basic guidelines given below to extend the range of your wireless network as well as to complete the process of its setup via mywifiext.
Mywifiext: NETGEAR Extender Setup
- First, connect your updated firmware of router with the existing modem and bring them both in range of your Netgear range extender.
- Don’t forget to bring your range extender in the same room of computer.
- Now, you have to pull up a relevant web browser.
- After that, in the address bar type mywifiext, mywifiext.net or 168.1.250.
- Enter login credentials by default.
- Well, after a booming net login, you will be redirected to the home page of NETGEAR Genie.
If you are experiencing configuration issues for NETGEAR Extender Setup, then it is recommended that don’t delay in contacting our tech support team on toll-free number 1-888-927-2661.
Mywifiext.com: Expand a Wireless Network
- Consider Setting your main Router as a Base Station
Be definite that your router is properly attached to the computer/ laptop via Ethernet cable. After that, you have to open a web browser. Next, in the address bar type the default IP address of your device and enter the login credentials in order log into the router’s web interface.
Note: If you haven’t changed the default username and password, consider changing them at once. On the other hand, make a note that will help you in remembering the login details in future and setting up your wireless repeater or a range extender (secure).
- Select a Menu Item that Mentions Repeating
After selecting this, you will prompt to choose an option to enable repeating function within the range of your home network. At this point, you will able to establish your primary router as your base station quite relaxing).
- When Prompt Enter the MAC Address or Media Access Control, Address of the Router or Repeater
Well, you can easily find the MAC address at the back of your device. Remember that the MAC address supposed to be about 14-16 characters with lack of dictionary words.
Note: They will be either 4 groups of 4 separated by periods or 8 groups of 2 characters separated by hyphens or colons.
- Disconnect the Ethernet Cable from Base Station and Plug it to your Repeater
Grab your computer and launch a web browser of your choice onto it. After that, Look at the top, you see an address bar, we need you to type the default IP address of your base station into it.
Note: mywifiext or mywifiext.com is only applicable for NETGEAR Extender Setup and mywifiext.net setup.
After that, you have to go to the basic settings and assure that your wireless repeater is able for communicating with the correct wireless network.
- From repeating settings menu, enable the signal repeating function.
- Now, you will be prompt to enter MAC address of your base station.
- Save these settings.
- Disconnect your repeater from your computer.
- Find a suitable place away from dust and interference creating WiFi devices to spot your wireless repeater.
- Enjoy the maximum signal extension all over without any buffering in videos or signal breakage.