Deleted files can be restored in your PC with the help of a reliable Windows Data Recovery software. A data recovery software helps you regain the access to the lost and deleted files, even if the drive is formatted. Normally, when a file is deleted, it goes into the Recycle Bin. As you know, one can easily restore the files from Recycle Bin. However, when you use Shift+Delete command to delete data from your Windows PC, the system skips Recycle Bin and permanently removes file by deleting only the reference of the files. Once reference, also known as pointer or address, of the file is deleted, the computer can no longer see the file and the space allocated for the file is marked unallocated. This unallocated space gets filled when you copy new data, which overwrites and destroys the deleted files permanently – beyond the scope of recovery.
In a similar manner, formatting deletes the file system table, not the actual files; and writes a new table (index) based on the format (exFAT, NTFS, or FAT32) you select. Again, files remain on the hard drive. You can restore deleted files with backups. But unfortunately, most people do not backup their crucial data, which many times results in major data loss situations.
That is exactly where Data Recovery software such as Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Home comes into play. Stellar Data Recovery, established in 1993, developed this software with the help of its extensive R&D in the field of data recovery. The software allows you to recover lost & deleted files and compressed folders from all types of storage media such as hard drive, SSDs, SD cards, USB flash drive, etc. even if the media is severely corrupt or formatted.
Follow these steps to restore deleted files:
- Download, install and launch the Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Home software
- Make sure the storage media (HDD, SSD, or SD card, etc.) is connected to the system
- Click ‘All Data’ and click ‘Next’
- Select the drive volume under ‘Connected Drives’ and then turn on ‘Deep Scan’ toggle switch ON
- Click ‘Scan’ and wait for the software to scan your connected drive for deleted and lost data
- After scan, results are displayed in the left pane under ‘Tree View’ tab. Click ‘File Type’ tab to segregate files based on their types
- Then click on the folder to display it’s file & folders contents in the right panel
- You may click on any file to preview it before saving it
- Once you are done with the file/folder selection, click ‘Recover’. A new pop up box appears
- Click ‘Browse’ and then choose a save location anywhere other than the drive from where data is being recovered
- Finally, click ‘Start Saving’ and wait for the software to save all recovered and required files at your desired location
With File search option, you can filter the scan results and choose only specific files that you want to recover. The software is equipped with data recovery algorithms that even let you recover data from a severely corrupt, inaccessible, and formatted storage media.
Tips and Trick to Recover Windows Corrupted Data
There are several windows data recovery software available online but what makes Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery standout is not only its source i.e. Stellar Data Recovery, which is trusted by over 2 million users worldwide; but also its ability to restore multiple file types from various storage media formatted as exFAT, NTFS, and FAT32. This trusted software helps you when backups are not available and recovers your most important data as well as priceless memories.