Summary: In this article we will discuss the importance of email client in an organization. How large business organization constantly looking for the best and automated solution to effectively manage email communication. We will also discuss the method to export Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. So read it completely to know some interesting facts about the Lotus Notes and Outlook.
In Today’s world, every organization looking for ease and automation to increase productivity and customer satisfaction. To attain this organization are constantly looking for the latest technology and automation software. The email communication is one of the main element of business process. To make it simple and efficient organization spent so much money and time. As a passage of time email technologies are constantly upgraded and enhance security features to attract business users and organizations.
Lotus Notes and Outlook are two main streamline email client application used by business organizations. IBM Notes have its own benefits while Outlook have its own advantages. Lotus Notes being the favourite of business organization because of its enhanced security feature. But in current scenario, Outlook dominate Lotus Notes and emerges as one of the best email client application for enterprises and small organizations. So in this article we will discuss the methods to export Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 without any complications.
For Instant Solution: Download SysTools NSF to PST Converter to Migrate From Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook 2016
Reasons to Export Mails From Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
As we discussed above that Lotus Notes dominates the email communication world. But recently Outlook fades the glittering of Lotus Notes with extensive features and compatibility with cloud services. Let’s discuss some reasons due to which user looking to migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook with complete data.
- Microsoft Outlook provides simple and easy to graphical interface. It provides so much ease that even non-technical user can operate and master this without any formal training. While the user interface of Lotus Notes is so much complex and agitating to work upon.
- Microsoft Outlook offers the platform where user can easily manage the multiple accounts. Whereas in Lotus Notes it is fairly difficult to manage the user accounts at given instance of time.
- The features and extensibility of Outlook constantly upgraded with the user requirement and feedbacks. With every new version of Outlook, user get some features which demystify the need of external application.
- Microsoft Outlook allows the user to manage and organize mailbox items.
- MS Outlook stores data in different environment where the accessibility of data not possible. Apart from this the maintenance of Outlook is more cheaper in comparison to Lotus Notes.
Know How to Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
When you search online for the methods to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. Then you will definitely find certain articles and automated software to securely transfer emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST.
Technically There are two methods are available for the conversion of Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook
- Manual Solution
- Third Party Software
First of all we will discuss the manual solution to transfer Lotus Notes emails to Outlook PST. There are two parts of manual solution
- Save NSF Files on local system
- Finally, Import NSF Files From Lotus Notes
Part 1 # Save NSF Files to Local System
- Run Lotus Notes client application on your system
- Click on Open button and then select the Lotus Notes mailbox file which you want to transfer from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- Go to Menu and then file option. In file option select the option to export
- Next, an export wizard open up on your screen.
- Select the location to save the Lotus Notes mailbox.
- From drop down menu select comma separated values or structured text from the option save as type.
- Enter name of file and press export button
Part2# Import Saved NSF file to Outlook on Windows 10
- Open MS Outlook application on your system
- Click on File option and select import option
- Next, an import and export wizard will open.
- Choose import from another program or file and then click next
- In next window, select CSV file format and click next
- Then after browse NSF file from local system which you have saved earlier.
- Finally, select the destination to save resultant PST files
- At last, click on Finish
Shortcomings of Manual Solution to Export Emails From Lotus Notes to Outlook
There should no doubt in saying that manual solution always associated with some limitations which will restrict the user to deploy it for the migration from Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST file format.
- No one available to legitimate the manual process. There might be possibility that the steps mentioned above technically incorrect.
- The process is very complex and requires technical knowledge about email client applications
If the manual solution to export Lotus Notes emails to Outlook associated with limitation then what next?
Expert Recommended Solution to Transfer Lotus Notes Mailbox to Outlook
As we discussed above that manual solution is associated with certain limitations. So in such case, the use of third party software such as NSF to PST Converter to securely migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook. It is one of the best software to convert NSF files to Outlook PST. Let’s discuss some features of software:
- Easily Convert Lotus Notes Mailbox items such as emails, contacts, tasks etc.
- Allows to Translate Canonical Names to SMTP format
- Supports to Convert CN value from names.nsf file
- Provide advance option to export Lotus Notes to Exchange server
- Offers to import Lotus Notes NSF files to Office 365
- Support all Lotus Notes version
Since far we have discussed the rivalry between Lotus Notes and Outlook to emerged as best email client application for business and enterprise users. How Outlook dominates the world with efficient and user friendly interface? We also discuss the methods to migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook. Now, its depends on you which method you want to deploy for the conversion of NSF emails to Outlook PST. But as an expert I would like to recommend SysTools NSF to PST Converter software to securely & effortlessly migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook.